The Alameda Food Bank exists due to the wonderful support from the Alameda community over the past 36 years. We need all the help we can get to help our clients. We welcome financial contributions. We also welcome community members and groups interested in doing their own non-perishable food drives to benefit the food bank.
You can donate funds to the Alameda Food Bank several ways.
Donate via credit card:
Please click on the following link:
Donate via check or cash contribution:
We welcome check and cash contributions. For checks, you can simply mail them to us: Alameda Food Bank, P.O. Box 2167, Alameda CA 94501. You can also feel free to drop checks or cash by the distribution center at 1900 Thau Way. We are open for donations and office hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 AM-4 PM, Tuesdays from 9 AM-6:30 PM, and Thursdays from noon-3 PM. We will give you a receipt for your donation if you like.
Donate via estate planning:
Donors who would like to remember the Alameda Food Bank in their estates automatically become members of our Legacy Circle. If you would like to learn more about our Legacy Circle and the many ways non-profits can be recognized, please click here.
Donate your car, RV, or motorcycle, in any condition, running or not. Save yourself the hassle of selling and make a fully tax-deductible donation.
To start the simple process of donating your vehicle, you can complete the online donation form. Once your vehicle is accepted, you will receive the necessary DMV forms along with your donation receipt. Your vehicle will then be picked up in a timely manner at no cost to you.
When you shop online at Amazon Smile, 0.5% of all your purchases will go to support the Alameda Food Bank. Do your shopping from the comfort of home and support us at the same time! Click here to shop and be sure to bookmark this link for all your online shopping.
Give the gift of health by donating healthy food that goes beyond filling stomachs to nourishing and promoting health! Preferred foods:
- Canned tuna, chicken and salmon (in water)
- Canned soup (low sodium)
- Peanut butter (non-hydrogenated)
- Brown rice
- Whole grain pasta
- Whole grain oats and cereal
- Canned fruit (in 100% juice)
- Canned vegetables (low sodium)
- Nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- Ground coffee
Unopened, non-expired non-perishable foods or fresh produce can be brought by our distribution center at 1900 Thau Way. We are open for donations and office hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 AM-4 PM, Tuesdays from 9 AM-6:30 PM, and Thursdays from noon-3 PM. We will give you a receipt for your donation if you like.
You can also donate non-perishable items into any of our red donation barrels around town:
(Non-perishable, non-refrigerated, no glass please. Any fresh, cold or fragile donations should be made to the food bank directly.)
- Alameda Marketplace 1650 Park St. (corner of Buena Vista)
Mon-Sat 9-8, Sun 9-7. See Red Barrel near parking lot entrance.
- Alameda Municipal Power, 2000 Grand St (corner of Clement)
Mon-Fri 9-5. See Red Barrel in lobby.
- Alameda Free Library main branch, 1550 Oak St. (corner of Lincoln and Oak)
Click here for current opening hours
- Color Me Mine, 2205 South Shore Center, Alameda Town Center
Mon-Fri 11 AM-9 PM, Saturday 10 AM-9 PM, Sunday 11 AM-6 PM
- Bay Farm Community Church, 3189 Mecartney Road
Mon-Fri 9 AM-4 PM, holidays excluded.
- Encinal Market, 3211 Encinal Avenue
Mon-Sat 8 AM-9 PM, Sun 8 AM-7 PM
Pick-up arrangements can be made for larger donations by calling the Food Bank at 510-523 5850.
Sponsor a Canned Food Drive for the Alameda Food Bank!
Many Alamedans enjoy sponsoring a canned food drive. We are happy to deliver a red barrel to your organization, office, workplace, school, etc. If you would like a donation barrel for your school, workplace, or organization, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following information:
- Name, email address, and phone number of the contact person.
- The date you would like the barrel delivered.
- The address (and directions) where you would like the barrel delivered. Please be specific – give us a room or office number and the name of a person who will be there to receive it.
- The date you would like the full barrel picked up.
We need to receive your request at least ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE of when you want the barrel.