Give the gift of health by donating healthy food that goes beyond filling stomachs to nourishing and promoting health! Preferred foods:
- Canned tuna, chicken and salmon (in water)
- Canned soup (low sodium)
- Peanut butter (non-hydrogenated)
- Brown rice
- Whole grain pasta
- Whole grain oats and cereal
- Canned fruit (in 100% juice)
- Canned vegetables (low sodium)
- Nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- Ground coffee
Unopened, non-expired non-perishable foods or fresh produce can be brought by our distribution center at 1900 Thau Way. We are open for donations and office hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 AM-4 PM, Tuesdays from 9 AM-6:30 PM, and Thursdays from noon-3 PM. We will give you a receipt for your donation if you like.
You can also donate non-perishable items into any of our red donation barrels around town:
(Non-perishable, non-refrigerated, no glass please. Any fresh, cold or fragile donations should be made to the food bank directly.)
- Alameda Marketplace, 1650 Park St. (corner of Buena Vista)
Mon-Sat 9-8, Sun 9-7. See Red Barrel near parking lot entrance.
- Alameda Municipal Power, 2000 Grand St (corner of Clement)
Mon-Fri 9-5. See Red Barrel in lobby.
- Alameda Free Library Main Branch, 1550 Oak St. (corner of Lincoln and Oak)
Click here for open hours.
- Color Me Mine, 2205 South Shore Center, Alameda Town Center
Mon-Fri 11 AM-9 PM, Saturday 10 AM-9 PM, Sunday 11 AM-6 PM
- Bay Farm Community Church, 3189 Mecartney Road
Mon-Fri 9 AM-4 PM, holidays excluded.
- Encinal Market, 3211 Encinal Avenue
Mon-Sat 8 AM-9 PM, Sun 8 AM-7 PM
Pick-up arrangements can be made for larger donations by calling the Food Bank at 510-523 5850.