The Alameda Food Bank community cookbook will be published in December. It's filled to the brim with the best recipes from friends and great cooks in our community—and it's ready for Pre-Orders! If you would like to place a pre-order and reserve your copy today, please use the "Donate Now Through Network for Good" button below to make a $24 donation which covers the cost of the book as well as shipping and handling.
The Alameda Food Bank will be distributing over 1,000 turkeys this month to families struggling to get enough food on the table for the holidays. Traditional Thanksgiving foods such as mashed potatoes, yams and cranberries will also be made available.
AFB needs the community’s help to meet this commitment. Bring one or more turkeys (preferably frozen) to AFB at 1900 Thau Way Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If you have a large number of turkeys, you may call (510) 523-6064 to arrange a drop at our warehouse.
You can also donate non-perishable food from your pantry during the annual Scouting for Food Drive on Saturday, November 17. Canned goods, pasta, cereal, peanut butter, coffee and tea can help the more than 2,100 families who receive assistance from AFB stretch their food budget during the holiday season.
Please note: no extended pantry hours
Turkey/Holiday Food Items Giveaway
* Saturday, Nov 17, 10am-12:30pm, AFB Warehouse, 650 W Ranger Ave
Frozen Turkeys and holiday food items will be distributed on a first come,
first served basis to current AFB members
* During the months of November and December, frozen turkeys and
holiday food items will be distributed during the monthly pantry program, if
you don’t get it November 17th.
* Limit 1 turkey per household for the season
Alameda Firefighters Toy Program
* Registration will be from Nov 1 - Dec 8th at the monthly pantry program
* Toys/gift cards will be available to children 17 and under who are listed
on the AFB household record
* Toy distribution will be:
Friday and Saturday, December 21st and December 22nd 9am – 2pm
Christ Episcopal Church, 1700 Santa Clara Ave (at Grand)
* Confirmation letter from AFB is required for pick up
Grocery Gift Cards
* Distributed throughout the month of December when households pick
up their monthly pantry food
* Must be current AFB client
The Alameda Food Bank will be closed the following days:
Thu, Nov 22nd
Fri, Nov 23rd
Sat, Nov 24th
Sat, Dec 22nd
Mon, Dec 24th
Tue, Dec 25th
Sat, Dec 29th
Mon, Dec 31st