The Alameda Food Bank community cookbook is now available! “Alameda Cooks” is a compilation of 126 recipes from volunteers, clients and friends of the Alameda Food Bank. Recipes range from simple to complex and represent a wide variety of cultures, tastes and budgets. Proceeds will be used to help the more than 5,000 Alameda residents served annually by AFB.
If you would like to order your copy today, please use the "Donate Now Through Network for Good" button below to make a $24 donation which covers the cost of the book as well as shipping and handling.
The cookbook is also available at the following locations with your $20 donation:
• Alameda Food Bank, 1900 Thau Way from 9 a.m. to noon weekdays.
• Alameda Farmers Market at Webster and Haight from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Saturdays.
• Encinal Market at Encinal and High during regular hour of operation until Dec. 30.
Only 250 cookbooks have been printed, so get yours now while they last. You’ll be serving your own family meals mad with the Island’s favorite recipes while helping put food on the tables of all of our clients.
Please note: no extended pantry hours
Turkey/Holiday Food Items Giveaway
* During the months of November and December, frozen turkeys and
holiday food items will be distributed during the monthly pantry program, if
you didn’t get one on November 17th.
* Limit 1 turkey per household for the season
Alameda Firefighters Toy Program
* Registration will be from Nov 1 - Dec 8th at the monthly pantry program
* Toys/gift cards will be available to children 17 and under who are listed
on the AFB household record
* Toy distribution will be:
Friday and Saturday, December 21st and December 22nd 9am – 2pm
Christ Episcopal Church, 1700 Santa Clara Ave (at Grand)
* Confirmation letter from AFB is required for pick up
Grocery Gift Cards
* Distributed throughout the month of December when households pick
up their monthly pantry food
* Must be current AFB client
The Alameda Food Bank will be closed the following days:
Sat, Dec 22nd
Mon, Dec 24th
Tue, Dec 25th
Sat, Dec 29th
Mon, Dec 31st